I realize this is short notice however I have arranged an amazing opportunity to visit an Abandoned Aqueduct in Rochester NY on Saturday Nov. 26. The outing is being guided by an local who has visited many times. The cost for our group is $200 US and there will be a maximum of 10 photographers who will share in the cost. If you are interested please let me know ASAP otherwise I will postpone the outing to another time.
We will meet our guide for 1:00 pm and have 3 to 3-1/2 hours underground. After we are done photographing there is a very good BBQ restaurant nearby within walking distance for dinner for those interested
The space is very dark and HDR will likely be the technique you use along with some gentle light painting using small flashlights.
Here is a list of prep items:
- Wear hiking boots. Waterproof Boots might be good in certain areas. Not required.
- Tripods are a must.
- No flash but small power flashlights are a must.
- Dress warm since it is not heated and basically.... like ....we are outside
- Our guide will teach people how to light paint if they need it.
- HDR is a preferred method in some areas
- Expect to spend 3 hours there.
After I have an idea who is committed we’ll talk about carpooling.